Re: pgAdmin III under wxCocoa

From: Adam Witney <awitney(at)sghms(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: "Adam H(dot) Pendleton" <fmonkey(at)fmonkey(dot)net>
Cc: jm(at)poure(dot)com, Julian Smart <julian(dot)smart(at)btopenworld(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin III under wxCocoa
Date: 2003-10-01 16:32:53
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

> Hmmm. I just downloaded and './configure'd pgAdmin3 on my system, and
> it doesn't even link against libcrypt. This is because only the static
> version of pgAdmin3 links against libcrypt. IIRC, this dependency was
> added to the build system to support Slackware. Dave, could you change
> line 114 from:
>
> LIBS="${LIBPQ_HOME}/lib/libpq.a -lcrypt $LIBS -lssl -lcrypto"
>
> to:
>
> LIBS="${LIBPQ_HOME}/lib/libpq.a $LIBS -lssl -lcrypto"
>
> and let me know what happens. Could you test this as well Jean-Michel?
> Make sure you configure with --disable-shared. Adam W., go ahead and
> compile pgAdmin3 without the --disable-shared flag for now, and let me
> know what happens.

With ./configure --enable-debug I get

checking for wxWindows... yes
configure: error: you need to install the xrc package from
wxWindows/contrib/src/xrc

Which is strange as xrc seemed to install fine before

Incidently this is from pgadmin3-1.0.0

If I use pgadmin3 CVS I have to edit configure.ac to change

AC_CONFIG_HEADER([config.h])

AM_CONFIG_HEADER([config.h])

Otherwise the bootstrap script will fail. And then ./configure
--enable-debug works but compilation fails with

utils/utffile.cpp: In member function `off_t wxUtfFile::Read(wxString&, long
long int)':
utils/utffile.cpp:85: no matching function for call to `wxMBConv::MB2WC(
wxStringBuffer, char*&, long unsigned int)'
/usr/local/include/wx/strconv.h:46: candidates are: virtual size_t
wxMBConv::MB2WC(wchar_t*, const char*, long unsigned int) const
make[2]: *** [utffile.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Thanks