pgAdminII support question

From: David Leikis <David(dot)Leikis(at)sdl(dot)usu(dot)edu>
To: "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgAdminII support question
Date: 2009-12-07 17:09:47
Lists: pgadmin-support

I am trying to create auto-incrementing of the Primary Key within each record by using sequences.

Sometimes I can get the "add - sequence" to work by creating it with the name "tablename_columnname_seq".

There are many other times that this doesn't work. (The table create SQL doesn't show up with the 'serial' command word in the column creation.)

The sequence name is there, but it doesn't seem to 'make connection' to that table/column.

I am using pgAdmin version 1.8.4 and PostGres version 8.3 in Winxp setting.

Some solution to this would be very helpful, please.

Dave Leikis