MS Client ODBC question

From: "PIPER,JIM (A-SantaClara,ex1)" <jim_piper(at)agilent(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: MS Client ODBC question
Date: 2001-11-09 05:43:02
Lists: pgsql-general

I have pgsql 6.5 installed on HPUX with an entry in the pg_hba.conf file
that says:

host all 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 crypt

I am trying to connect to it from a Win 98 box that I have installed the
psqlodbc_07_01_0008 ODBC driver on.

I can't get it to connect. I get back errors from my client app that says
something like:

"Password crypt authentication not supported"

Why is this? Is it because the psqlodbc driver does not know how to send
crypted passwords to the pgsql server? Is there some other ODBC driver for
Win 98 that does support crypt? Will things work if I change my pg_hba.conf
file authentication field to be 'passwd'? or 'trusted'?

Thanks your help is appreciated,

- Jim Piper