Variable not found in subplan target lists, PostgreSQL 8.1 beta3

From: "Jean-Pierre Pelletier" <pelletier_32(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Variable not found in subplan target lists, PostgreSQL 8.1 beta3
Date: 2005-10-25 19:58:39
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

I have a query that throws error "Variable not found in subplan target
lists".
This should allow it to be reproduce.

create temporary table table1 (
col1 integer not null,
col2 integer not null
);

create temporary table table2 ();

create or replace function udftable1row(integer, integer) returns table1 AS
$$
select $1, $2;
$$ language sql immutable;

create or replace function udf(table1) returns void as $$
$$ language sql immutable;

-- This throws "Variable not found in subplan target lists"
select
udf(t1)
from
udftable1Row(1,2) t1

cross join table2;

-- Now that we have Row constructor, I can get rid of
my function udftable1row() and this works ok

select
udf(t1)
from
(select (cast(row(1,2) as table1)).*) t1

cross join table2;

I am on PostgreSQL 8.1 beta3 under Windows XP Service Pack 2.

Thanks,
Jean-Pierre Pelletier
e-djuster