create type input and output function examples

From: "Clint Stotesbery" <cstotes(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: create type input and output function examples
Date: 2003-10-29 04:06:08
Lists: pgsql-sql

I've seen the docs for create type and an example of the syntax to create a
type. What I haven't seen is the functions that are passed for the input and
output elements.

CREATE TYPE box (INTERNALLENGTH = 8,
INPUT = my_procedure_1, OUTPUT = my_procedure_2);

Now what would be in my_procedure1 and my_procedure2 procedures? I know they
are just example placeholders above but I need to see a real example of what
would be in those procedures to better understand what they should do.
Thanks.

Surf and talk on the phone at the same time with broadband Internet access.
Get high-speed for as low as $29.95/month (depending on the local service
providers in your area). https://broadband.msn.com