Postgres 8.0/Windows 2000 Load testing

From: "Bellan Saravanan" <sarbx(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres 8.0/Windows 2000 Load testing
Date: 2004-08-24 04:29:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs

While performing Load testing using DOTS
http://ltp.sourceforge.net/dotshowto.php ,
during the tests, an update to a specific table starts hanging.

The test name is called BTCJ2
http://ltp.sourceforge.net/dotshowto.php#SEC26,

"This test case mainly uses SQL commands to execute database operations such
as insert, update, select and delete. This test case uses tables BASIC1,
BASIC2, BASIC3. For details about the tables, refer to Appendix A."

Postgres itself was running fine and accepting new connections and able to
perform queries on the same table. Only the UPDATE was hanging.

There was no interesting messages in the log file. I was running with debug
level 2. I can see the last line which prints the UPDATE statement. Using
debug level 3 the file grows very large and it very slow.

Let me know if you want anymore information.