Re: Error Message: ERROR: CREATE USER: permission denied

From: "Ben Trewern" <ben_trewern(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: lorena_m_v(at)hotmail(dot)com, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Error Message: ERROR: CREATE USER: permission denied
Date: 2004-08-22 20:21:21
Lists: pgadmin-support

I don't think this is a pgAdmin problem. You need to log in as a superuser
account to create a user. The superuser is usually called postgres in a
standard PostgreSQL install although any user can be made a superuser (See
ALTER USER <username> CREATEUSER).

Try

CREATE USER <username>;

via psql or the sql window in pgAdmin to see if that does it.

Ben

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger