libpq.dll and SSL

From: "Tony and Bryn Reina" <reina_ga(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: libpq.dll and SSL
Date: 2003-10-25 21:55:00
Lists: pgsql-novice

Does the Windows DLL libpq.dll have support for the 'requiressl=1' option in PQconnectdb?

I'm able to use libpq.dll from my Windows XP programs (Visual C++ .NET compiler) to access a PostgreSQL database on a RH Linux 9 machine. However, if I add the 'requiressl=1' to the option list, the program gives a run-time error:

Connection to database 'testdb' failed.
invalid connection option "requiressl"

The same code runs when compiled in Linux, so I'm thinking that libpq.so gained SSL support when I built PostgreSQL from the tarball ('--with-openssl'), but libpq.dll didn't get built with SSL support ('nmake /f win32.mak'). Anyone know how to add OpenSSL support to the libpq.dll library?

Thanks.
-Tony