Missing folder

From: "Will Chan" <ee0069(at)msn(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Missing folder
Date: 2003-12-12 18:51:00
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi,

Please help. I've recently installed cygwin on my windows xp pc. Its the
latest version. I've chosen to download the full install which has taken
over 1GB. But i'm trying to connect to a database server somewhere, but when
i try to load postmaster /usr/local/pgsql/data

it says

FATAL: data directory /usr/local/pgsql/data does not exist.

please help

Will.