some samll questions on postgres

From: "ashish srivastava" <ashu_shri(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: some samll questions on postgres
Date: 2005-09-13 05:45:32
Lists: pgsql-admin

hi,
I am new to this database can any body help me out by answering some small
questions.I am coming from SQLserver2k.

I have installed postgres on windows2000 server.I am able to get pgAdminIII
console. I have created some databases on postgres using pgAdminIII.But i
want to know certain facts:-

1.Where are the datafiles and log files created? what is the concept of
pg_default and pg_global(tablespaces).

2.Where we write the stored procedure in postgres?

and most importantly

3.How to generate sql scripts of the databases?

regards,
ashish

Stock Marketdifficult?
http://www.sharekhan.com/campaign/OpenNewAccount.asp?ProdID=23&SrcID=59 Not