SQL/PSM implemenation for PostgreSQL (roadmap)

From: "Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SQL/PSM implemenation for PostgreSQL (roadmap)
Date: 2006-12-04 12:09:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

I am work on implementation of SQL/PSM language for PostgreSQL. You can see
first results on http://postgresql.interweb.cz/index.php/SQL/PSM . My goal
is creating of referential implementation and using it mainly for education
and colecting informations about language (documentation, regress tests,
...). Implementation is based on plpgsql runtime. I haven't necessary
knowleages for total rewriting any language runtime, and current runtime is
sufficient for my goals. I don't belive so rewriting runtime can has
adequate benefit. Runtime can be lighter and cleaner only with some support
in core. It's reason so this project is external pgfoundry project.

This implementation has PostgreSQL specific. Don't support procedures and
CALL statement. Don't support unbounded SELECTs. Don't support NOT ATOMIC
block. More on
http://postgresql.interweb.cz/index.php/SQL/PSM

Roadmap:
* implement completed functionality (two weeks)
* testing and cleaning (regress tests) (february)
* documentation (april)

I welcome any helpers, help, testers, suggestions, notes and comments.

Best regards
Pavel Stehule

Citite se osamele? Poznejte nekoho vyjmecneho diky Match.com.
http://www.msn.cz/