Re: proposal for PL packages for 8.3.

From: "Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us
Cc: jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com, dev(at)archonet(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: proposal for PL packages for 8.3.
Date: 2006-08-08 15:24:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
>To: "Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)hotmail(dot)com>
>CC: jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com, dev(at)archonet(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
>Subject: Re: [HACKERS] proposal for PL packages for 8.3. Date: Tue, 08 Aug
>2006 08:18:42 -0400
>
>"Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)hotmail(dot)com> writes:
> > I unlike concept of nested schemats or packages nested in schema. I
>don't
> > see reason for it. About implementation.. package is more special kind
>of
> > function for me. But relation between package and function I can create
>via
> > dot notation in function's name. It's different from nested syntax from
> > PL/SQL or ADA. I can easy separate SQL part and non SQL part.
>
>Apparently you're not aware that that syntax is not free for the taking.
>The reason people are complaining about this proposal is that currently
>foo.bar(...) means function bar in schema foo, and you seem to be
>intending to break it.
>
> regards, tom lane

I found some doc about it, but I confused. Oracle has two similar kind of
objects: packages and modules. Ansi SQL defines MODULES.
http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:jkXyiDKg-sgJ:www.oracle.com/technology/products/rdb/pdf/createmodule_external_routines.pdf+%22CREATE+MODULE%22+sql&hl=cs&ct=clnk&cd=4

Has anybody more documentation about it?

Regards
Pavel Stehule

Chcete sdilet sve obrazky a hudbu s prateli? http://messenger.msn.cz/