function problem

From: "Luis Silva" <lfs12(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: function problem
Date: 2006-01-02 15:19:37
Lists: pgsql-novice

I there, I don't know what is happening. I can't run any of my functions. I
can make but i can't run it. but I can run my trigger functions. what might
be the problem, bad installation??

I run this example function

CREATE FUNCTION add_one (integer) RETURNS INTEGER AS '
BEGIN
RETURN $1 + 1;
END;
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

and when I run add_one(2) i get this error

ERROR: syntax error at or near "add_one" at character 1
LINE 1: add_one(int 1);

can you help please!thanks in advance