Julian date output?

From: Roy's Email <rmw256(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Julian date output?
Date: 2011-07-16 03:43:41
Lists: pgsql-novice

I can see how to specify a Julian date, (J7395), but how do I get a "random" date converted to a Julian date? Do I need to do the calculation (from 4713 BC) myself?

On a related note, when taking the difference between two dates, how do I "force" the result to be in days (only)?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

- Roy

=*=*=
Always do right.
This will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain

The truth is rarely pure, and never simple. - Oscar Wilde