relation does not exist!?

From: Søren Poulsen <wmsopou(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: relation does not exist!?
Date: 2005-07-10 13:12:49
Lists: pgsql-novice

Just installed postgresql today - I keep getting the error "relation ...
does not exist"
when I try some simple selects. This is the scenario:

Created a user X and a schema by the same name X using pgAdmin (pg 8.0.3) ,
and set
the user as owner of the schema.
Then I created a table Y under schema X, and set user X as owner of the
table. Then
I put some rows in the table.
As postgres user when I try "select * from Y" I get the error "relation Y
does not exist".
I have tried "select * from X.Y", same error. The I tried logging in as X
and executing the
select, but still get the same error. I have also tried the same select from
a Java program
using JDBC and get the same error. What am I doing wrong?

Få alle de nye og sjove ikoner med MSN Messenger http://messenger.msn.dk/