Random not so random

From: "Arnau Rebassa" <arebassa(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Random not so random
Date: 2004-10-01 16:42:33
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi everybody,

I'm doing the following query:

select * from messages order by random() limit 1;

in the table messages I have more than 200 messages and a lot of times, the
message retrieved is the same. Anybody knows how I could do a more "random"
random?

Thank you very much

--
Arnau

Consigue aquí las mejores y mas recientes ofertas de trabajo EE.UU.
http://latino.msn.com/empleos