Re: UPDATE - Changing Password

From: "Yasmine Kedoo" <yazkedoo(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: UPDATE - Changing Password
Date: 2004-04-17 22:18:00
Lists: pgsql-php

Hi.

I think i've sorted the previous problem now, it was a stupid error on my
part. But the update is still not working.

I'm using the following script:

else
{
$gdidno = addslashes(trim($formgpid));
$newpw = addslashes(trim($formnewpw));
/*$newpw1 = addslashes(trim($formnewpw1));*/

$query = "UPDATE gpinfo SET password='$newpw' WHERE gpid='$gpidno'";
$result = pg_exec($database, $query);

if(!$result)
{
print "There was a problem accessing the database";
exit;
}
else if(pg_numrows($result)!=1)
{
print "Update Failed\n";
exit;
}
else
{

print "Update Successful\n<BR>";

}
}

It is just printing Update Failed now. Can u see where i'm going wrong?

Visit the following link: www.cyber.brad.ac.uk/~yamkedoo/Tests/chpw.html

Username: jjsanderson
Password: sanderso

Then on the next page, GP ID: GP000001
New Password: hello

and ignore retype password for now. As u can see, it is printing update
failed. Can u see the prob?

Cheers