Re: Parsing Data, Table to Form

From: "Yasmine Kedoo" <yazkedoo(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Parsing Data, Table to Form
Date: 2004-05-09 23:18:24
Lists: pgsql-php

Hi again.

I have carried out a search, then displayed the results in a table on a php
page called admininfo.php:

$row = pg_fetch_object($result, 0);

$test = "";

for ($rw = 0; $rw < $maxrows; $rw++)
{
echo " <tr> ";

for ($fld = 0; $fld < $maxfields ; $fld++)
{

echo "<td width=\"418\" class=\"tabletext\"
height=\"38\">";
echo pg_Result($result,$rw,$fld);
$test .= pg_Result($result,$rw,$fld);
echo "</td>";

echo "<form method=post action=updaad.php>\n";

}

}

Now, i would like to parse the information displayed in the table to
textfields on the page updaad.php, i've used a link to do this:

On the page updaad.php, i have displyed the textfields using the following
code:

echo "Admin ID Number: <input type=text name=\"formadid\" value=\"$fld\"><br
/>\n";
echo "Name: <input type=text name=\"formname\" value=\"$fld\"><br />\n";
echo "Surname: <input type=text name=\"formsurname\" value=\"$fld\"><br
/>\n";
echo "Phone: <input type=text name=\"formphone\" value=\"$fld\"><br />\n";
echo "Email: <input type=text name=\"formemail\" value=\"$fld\"><br />\n";
echo "Username: <input type=text name=\"formusername\" value=\"$fld\"><br
/>\n";
echo "Password: <input type=text name=\"formpassword\" value=\"$fld\"><br
/>\n";
echo "Building: <input type=text name=\"formbuilding\" value=\"$fld\"><br
/>\n";
echo "Postcode: <input type=text name=\"formpsotcode\" value=\"$fld\"><br
echo "<input type=submit value=Update></form>\n";

but i am unable to write the information displayed in the table in
admininfo.php, to the textfields in updaad.php.

Has anybody got any suggestions? :-)

Thanx

Yaz

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger