Re: JPA and Postgresql

From: Robert Wimmer <seppwimmer(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: JPA and Postgresql
Date: 2007-10-27 22:32:59
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

> > - if possible no Hibernate
> > - if possible no Application Server
>
> You don't install Postgres on eclipse,

i never wanted to reinstall my postgres

My question was - what is the MINIMAL configuration for using the JPA features
together with postgresql ?

> The rest are JPA questions, and would better be served by a Java/JPA
> list, I suspect.

if there would exist a postgresql jdbc4 driver that supports the features
you need for the JPA extensions, i wouldnt have asked here.

so i try to reword my question.

what is the minimal configuration (workaround) for using the new JPA features (extensions) in eclipse (3.3) together with an existing and running 8.0 PostgreSQL instance (database) on WindowsXP (on saturdays in europe when its raining).

please forgive me my awfull english - its not my mothertongue.

regards Sepp

Jetzt 30 Gratis-Emoticons für Windows Live Messenger downloaden!
http://www.livemessenger-emoticons.com/de-at/