system tables inquiry & db Link inquiry

From: "Karthikeyan Sundaram" <skarthi98(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: system tables inquiry & db Link inquiry
Date: 2007-02-28 18:19:15
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-sql

Hi,

We are using Postgres 8.1.0

Question No 1:
=========
There are lots of system tables that are available in postgres. For
example pg_tables will have all the information about the tables that are
present in a given schema. pg_views will have all the information about the
views for the given schema.

I want to find all the sequences. What is the system tables that have
the information about all the sequences?

Question No 2:
=========

I have 2 postgres instance located in two different servers. I want
to create a DBlink (like in Oracle) between these 2. What are the steps
involved to create this.

Any examples? Please advise.

Regards
skarthi

Win a Zunemake MSN your homepage for your chance to win!
http://homepage.msn.com/zune?icid=hmetagline