Natural ordering in postgresql? Does it exist?

From: "Clark Endrizzi" <clarkendrizzi(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Natural ordering in postgresql? Does it exist?
Date: 2004-12-10 21:47:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,
I have a field that I'll be ordering and I noticed that ordering is done
logically and would confuse my users here (1,12,16,4,8, etc).

I'm writing an application in PHP that connects to Postgres and while I know
that PHP has some powerful natural ordering functions it would be much
easier if I could just use something from postgres directly. Does there
exist any way to order naturally?

Thanks,
Clark Endrizzi

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee