silent installation of PostresSQL

From: "zhan deng" <zhan_deng(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: silent installation of PostresSQL
Date: 2007-05-10 20:17:21
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I tried to make an installation in silent mode under Windows XP, I am using
the version of PosgreSQL 8.2.3.

Here is the command line parameters that i was passing:

C:\Temp>msiexec /i c:\Temp\postgresql-8.2.3-1\postgresql-8.2-int.msi /qr
INTERNA
LLAUNCH=1 ADDLOCAL=server,psql,pgadmin,docs SERVICEDOMAIN="%COMPUTERNAME%"
SERVI
CEACCOUNT="postgres" SERVICEPASSWORD="postgres" SUPERUSER="root"
SUPERPASSWORD="
admin" BASEDIR="c:\postgres"

The error message window poped up when I hit the return.

to install has encountered year unexpected error installing this package.
this may indicate has problem with this package. the error codes is 2711

Please let me what's went wrong? Did anyone successfully install PostgreSQL
in silent mode?

Thank you in advance,
Jan

More photos, more messages, more storageget 2GB with Windows Live Hotmail.