Changing a database owner on postgres 7.3

From: "Richard George" <rcgeorge23(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Changing a database owner on postgres 7.3
Date: 2006-07-17 12:33:04
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all,

I'm trying to tweak a schema creation script that works on postgres 8.x so that it will run on postgres 7.3.

I've run into trouble attempting to change the owner of a particular database. The offending line is -

ALTER DATABASE test OWNER TO epg;As I say, this works fine on postgres 8 but fails with the message "ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "OWNER" at character 87" on postgres 7.3."

Can someone suggest an alternative way of changing the owner of a database for 7.3?

Cheers,
Richard.