Re: PgAgent does not works

From: "Vishal Arora" <aroravishal22(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: aroravishal22(at)hotmail(dot)com, dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PgAgent does not works
Date: 2007-06-26 06:19:08
Lists: pgadmin-support

>From: "Vishal Arora" <aroravishal22(at)hotmail(dot)com>
>To: dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org
>CC: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
>Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] PgAgent does not works
>Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 04:17:45 +0000
>

>>From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
>>To: Vishal Arora <aroravishal22(at)hotmail(dot)com>
>>Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] PgAgent does not works
>>Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 13:59:32 +0100
>>
>>Vishal Arora wrote:
>>>
>>>I have tried to install the dll using RegSvr32 - it says - "...
>>>pgaevent.dll was loaded, but the DllRegiseterServer entry point was not
>>>found" - The file can not be regisetered.
>>>

>>Sorry - my fault. That one is actually registered by pgAgent when it's
>>installed as a service - at least it should be. Assuming your pgAgent
>>service id is 'pgagent', you can manually install by creating the registry
>>key:
>>
>>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventLog\Application\pgagent
>>
>>and then adding a string value called EventMessageFile, containing the
>>full path and filename of pgaevent.dll, and a dword value called
>>TypesSupported with a value of 7.
>>
>>Those entries should be created when you install pgagent as a service
>>though; and if it can't create them, you definitely should see an error.
>>

>These values are already in place.

>>>I already have pgpass.conf file in place.
>>
>>For you, or the postgres user account that the service runs under? You
>>need the latter. Also, if you're using 127.0.0.1 as the address, try
>>localhost instead (or vice-versa). The value there should match the value
>>used in the pgAgent connection string of course.
>>

>I have tried using both of these values and also the hostname as well. But
>nothing worked.

Thanks for all your time and support. I have managed to run the pgAgent
working fine. The service was running under postgres account but pgpass.conf
file was missing in the same. I created one and it worked.

Thanks for your suggestions.

- Vishal

>>Regards, Dave.

>Get a preview of Live Earth, the hottest event this summer - only on MSN
>http://liveearth.msn.com?source=msntaglineliveearthhm

>TIP 7: You can help support the PostgreSQL project by donating at
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate

Hotmail to go? Get your Hotmail, news, sports and much more!
http://mobile.msn.com