Re: Problem

From: "Vishal Arora" <aroravishal22(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: vbhatia(at)ksu(dot)edu, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem
Date: 2007-07-16 07:49:37
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi

Just check the following link -

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/libpq.html

You can find the inbuilt functions to fetch data from PostgreSQL using C as
frontend.

You can use any C complier such as GCC to compile your application just use
with -lpq directive.

- Vishal

>From: vbhatia(at)ksu(dot)edu
>To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
>Subject: [pgadmin-support] Problem
>Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 18:34:45 -0500
>
>Hello there,
>
>I am new to PostGreSql and using it for the first time and need your
>assistance regarding that. I have Postgresql installed as an included
>software in MoteWorks. It is installed in C:/Program Files/PostGreSql.
>I have an application that is logging the data into the database . I
>want to write an application in C or Java that would retrieve a
>particular reading from the database each and every time the database
>is changed.
>
>I cannot find any guideline regarding that and do not know how to
>compile the sample applications I found on the net ( postgresql.com).
>Could u please guide me as to how to compile and run those applications
>in C or java that can interact with the PostGreSql database.
>
>I am in midst of a project and completely stuck at this point , so
>please help me asap.
>
>Best Regards,
>Vishal Bhatia

>TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Local listings, incredible imagery, and driving directions - all in one
place! http://maps.live.com/?wip=69&FORM=MGAC01