MBC user cannot connect to server

From: zhyu 86 <zhyu86(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: MBC user cannot connect to server
Date: 2006-10-12 21:42:01
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi All,

I am using postgresql V8 and can connect to the db from my java program using username only consists of ASCII, but not with Multibyte character username. I have added "useUnicode=true and characterEncoding=UTF8" when i try to make the connection by calling DriverManager.getConnection(url, props).. any suggestions? BTW, i m using postgresl-8.1-405.jdbc3.jar as my driver.

TIA,
Yu
Use Messenger to talk to your IM friends, even those on Yahoo!
http://ideas.live.com/programpage.aspx?versionId=7adb59de-a857-45ba-81cc-685ee3e858fe