jumpstart - pgsql.v824

From: dx k9 <bitsandbytes88(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: jumpstart - pgsql.v824
Date: 2007-11-02 14:11:28
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Everyone,

Is there any way to trick an instance into starting when you just have base, global, pg_clog, pg_mulitxact, pg_subtrans, pg_tblspc, & pg_twophase, but no pg_xlog?

We weren't backing up the pg_xlog, because we didn't think we needed it, but the backup_label seems to need it. Even if we take the backup_label file out, and try to start postgres, it doesn't start.

I'm going to start experimenting and testing to see if I can trick it to starting, but if anyone has any insight that would help. We noticed this on a test restore, so it wasn't a major problem, now we are backing up the pg_xlog files as well.

~DjK