PITR

From: "Mr(dot) Dan" <bitsandbytes88(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PITR
Date: 2006-08-31 17:36:16
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

Every day I'm arguing with 3 or 4 people on this point.
My point is that I have to do a tarball, a tar command as part of online
backup with postgresql v814. I keep saying that the reason we do a tarbal
(online backup) and not individual dumps is that we want the PITR
capability. I've been fighting so many people on this point I want to
double check with the group that.

1. There is no way to do a PITR recovery from a dump file at one time during
the day.
2. There is no way to do a PITR from SLONY1.

Does everyone agree with me on those points?

Thanks,
~DjK

  • Re: PITR at 2006-08-31 18:09:05 from Joshua D. Drake