reindexdb hangs

From: "dx k9" <bitsandbytes88(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: reindexdb hangs
Date: 2007-05-02 14:50:09
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-hackers

Hi,

What would cause or what should I do with a table that hangs during its
reindexing? I can see in the messages the last table to reindex, so
sequentially the next table must be the problem.
I have statement_timeout set for 6 hours, then I get "canceling statement
due to statement timeout" Ok, that's fine, and I don't think setting the
statement_timeout to 0 will really help. The question is why did it hang or
what are some reasons that would make a table hang a reindexing? And is
there a solution?

At 1:45 AM the reindexing was going fine. Then, it just hung up -- &
finally cancelled.

Thanks for any ideas. My experience has been that this happens sometimes
then the next reindexdb -a , everything reindexes fine.

~DJK

Interest Rates NEAR 39yr LOWS! $430,000 Mortgage for $1,299/mo - Calculate
new payment
http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9632-19132&moid=14888