Query batches and SQLMoreResults

From: "Michael Kochetkov" <mkochetkov(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Query batches and SQLMoreResults
Date: 2006-12-18 19:00:38
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,
let us consider the following test case. There are two tables T1 that has
int and varchar fields and T2 that has varchar, datatime and blob fields.
Then we have a query batch like this:
select * from T1;
select * from T2

It executes with ODBC and gets the first recordset as expected. But then I
have problems. SQLMoreResults says there is another recordset.
SQLNumResultCols says there are 3 columns indeed. But subsequent
SQLDescribeCol calls return wrond descriptions. The first call for it says,
for example, that the first field of the second recordset is of type
SQL_INTEGER while I expect it to be varchar. And subsequent SQLFetch fails.

I use the latest PostgreSQL 8.2 binaries for Win32.

So, does current PostgreSQL ODBC driver supports query batches and
SQLMoreResults?

Thank you in advance,
--
Michael Kochetkov

All-in-one security and maintenance for your PC. Get a free 90-day trial!