Re: ToDo: add documentation for operator IS OF

From: "Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: bruce(at)momjian(dot)us, mail(at)joeconway(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ToDo: add documentation for operator IS OF
Date: 2007-02-20 06:58:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>Joe Conway wrote:
> > Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > Strang IS [NOT] OF wasn't documented, especially seeing it was added
>in
> > > PostgreSQL 7.3. Anyway, documented and backpatched to 8.2.X.
> >
> > Here's the reason -- see this thread:
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2003-08/msg00062.php
>
>Wow, interesting. I do remember that now. Should I revert the
>documentation addition and add a comment to gram.y?

Nobody worked on this subject a lot of years. Who need it, knows about it
and use it. I am for this topic is documented and in doc is note about
difference from standard and about some incompletness of this operator.

regards
Pavel Stehule

Chcete sdilet sve obrazky a hudbu s prateli? http://messenger.msn.cz/