pgsql Date accept hours minutes and seconds

From: "roy simkes" <roysimkes(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgsql Date accept hours minutes and seconds
Date: 2006-08-16 10:04:50
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi again,

When I use php's date function to insert a date into the pgsql date field only day month and year are entered as data and hours minutes and seconds are ignored. php's date function takes a format of date. I use "m-d-Y H:i:s" where m= month, d=day etc... I think that I'm doing something wrong in the format and because of that pgsql ignores the minutes. If this is true what is the right format? Or it should be because of my postgresql.conf file in which date syle is ISO, MDY. Maybe I should change this to something else, but what?

Thanks
Try Live.com: where your online world comes together - with news, sports, weather, and much more.
http://www.live.com/getstarted