PG_RESTORE and database size

From: "Marcus Couto" <marcus_couto(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PG_RESTORE and database size
Date: 2006-01-26 22:53:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Here's a basic question. On working with backing up and restoring it seems like if I keep on doing it in a row, the backup file size keeps on increasing in size. It almost doubles in size for every backup/restore. I want the restore the backup to overwrite the database and not add to it. Is there another procedure I'm missing or a parameter I'm not using right with pg_restore and pg_dump?

Thank you for any help.