PGPASSWORD

From: "Mr(dot) Dan" <bitsandbytes88(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PGPASSWORD
Date: 2006-02-23 19:43:19
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

When I was running 8.0.X on linux, I didn't have to include the postgres -P
password in my shell scripts(.sh). After I switched to 8.1.X, I've had to
include the -P PASSWORD ****** in all my scripts. I'm thinking I'll just
add PGPASSWORD as a postgres environment variable instead. I did start
running 8.1.X on a port that is different from the default, so I added
PGPORT as an environment variable, so I don't have to include -p PORT
NUMBER. Has anyone else noticed they had to start including a password for
the postgres user in 8.1.X? Is there any concern to adding PGPASSWORD as an
environment variable.

Thanks for any feedback,
~DjK