Re: Unable to connect to a specific database

From: "Sally Sally" <dedeb17(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unable to connect to a specific database
Date: 2006-01-16 17:50:26
Lists: pgsql-admin
Well after kill -9, it was in recovery mode but I restarted the server
again. It took a while (~ 45min) but it connected again. I have noticed that
after a vacuum it takes a while to connect for the first time. You mentioned
kill -9 is very bad news. Everything seems to be working fine now, should I
be worried? What are the consequences?
Thanks