Re: How to get RelationName ??

From: "Ramanujam H S Iyengar" <hals_ramu(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to get RelationName ??
Date: 2004-03-11 05:19:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,
Sorry for the previous confusing mail ..

iam in need of a function through which i can get a Relation Node given its
name ..
precisely the same one equivalent to " RelationSysNameGetRelation " .. which
works for all types of relations (system and user tables)

On Wednesday 10 March 2004 09:58 am, Ramanujam H S Iyengar wrote:
>Hello,
>
>How can i get the name of a relation from its Oid ?? I have seen some
>functions in utils/cache/relcache.h like RelationIdGetRelation - which
>gives Relation Node from Oid RelationSysNameGetRelation - which gives
>Relation node for only the System names.
>
>Can anyone please tell me how to get Relation node from relation name ???

Won't you have to go get the data from the database for this? I mean
actually execute the query:

Iam trying to test for some patch in the code of the Optimizer(planner) and
so I need some C functions, which does the job. I think we must have some
functions like the ones i have mentioned for the purpose. isin't it ??

regards,
-Ramu

>select relname from pg_class where oid = 1234;

>--
>Jonathan Gardner
>jgardner ( at ) jonathangardner ( dot ) net

Need a job? Get head-hunted by the best.
http://www.naukri.com/msn/index.php?source=hotmail Post your CV free!