specific questions regarding Oid and finding out the granularity of the lock

From: "Sumaira Ali" <nat_lazy(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: specific questions regarding Oid and finding out the granularity of the lock
Date: 2003-03-12 02:43:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

<DIV>I found a documentation on different types of lock modes available for table-level locks at <U><FONT color=#0000ff size=2>
<P><A href="http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/explicit-locking.html">http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/explicit-locking.html</A></P>
<P>where is the documentation on different types of lock modes for row level locks? Does anyone know?</P>
<P>What is the difference between relId (of type Oid) and dbId (of type Oid) in LOCKTAG (in Lock.h) struct? </P>
<P>Is it true that from a PROCLOCK object, we find out whether it's a table level/ row level lock from the holding[] array (i.e., from the modes?) If not, how do we know whether it's a table level/ row level lock?</P>
<P>Does the relId and dbId tells us the exact row (and, or) table associated with the LOCK?</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>These are real specific questions, thank you so much for anyone who answers... :)</P>
<P>Sumaira</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>

Attachment Content-Type Size