Re: PostgreSQL 8.4.8 bringing my website down every evening

From: Alexander Farber <alexander(dot)farber(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 8.4.8 bringing my website down every evening
Date: 2011-05-26 09:41:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Thank you, I'll try your suggestions.

I'm just slow in doing so, because it's just a
(sometimes pretty time consuming) hobby-project.

I'm missing knowledge on how to monitor my DB status,
i.e. how to check some of the things you've asked.

Also I wonder, how's shared memory used by PostgreSQL.
I'm irritated - how it could work with 32MB,
but now I've got suggestion to increase it
to 512MB (and it seems to work too...)

Regards
Alex