Re: CRUD plpgsql generator

From: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Wim Bertels <wim(dot)bertels(at)khleuven(dot)be>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CRUD plpgsql generator
Date: 2011-06-22 14:02:28
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 5:40 AM, Wim Bertels <wim(dot)bertels(at)khleuven(dot)be> wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> does anyone have know of a free CRUD generator
> for generating plpgsql functions for doing CRUD operations on all the
> tables of a database or schema or just one table or..
>
> cf
> http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/CRUD-functions-similar-to-SQL-stored-procedurs-for-postgresql-tables-td3372030.html
> http://myleshenderson.com/index.php/2007/11/16/postgresql-insert-function-generator

It wouldn't be that difficult to make one IMO, but are you sure you
really want to do this? ISTM it's a bit of an anti-pattern. If I had
to do it, I would make a plpgsql function which would generate the
functions by querying information_schema and generating create
function statements via 'execute'.

merlin