Re: Crediting sponsors in release notes?

From: Selena Deckelmann <selena(at)chesnok(dot)com>
To: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Crediting sponsors in release notes?
Date: 2011-05-13 18:05:58
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hi!

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 9:13 AM, Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
>  Being able to point toward a billboard showing past
> sponsorship successes, from many companies, is exactly what this community
> needs to have available for those business people, so that more features get
> funding in the future.

I don't think anyone is arguing against the need for visibility. I
agree with Bruce that the billboard format isn't a good thing to add
to our release notes.

Let's start with a wiki page that highlights which companies are
sponsoring which features.

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Sponsorship/Release_9.1_Docs

The formatting isn't perfect, but I only spent about 10 minutes
getting it into there.

Once we have figured out which companies are involved and interested,
then let's revisit the conversation about how best to highlight it.

I'm up for making the press release thing happen, if we get enough
companies documenting this.

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com