Re: Fwd: Keywords in pg_hba.conf should be field-specific

From: Brendan Jurd <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Keywords in pg_hba.conf should be field-specific
Date: 2011-06-21 04:29:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 21 June 2011 13:51, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I have one question. I can't find any rules for work with tokens, etc,
> where is quotes allowed and disallowed?
>
> I don't see any other issues.

I'm not sure I understand your question, but quotes are allowed
anywhere and they always act to remove any special meaning the token
might otherwise have had. It's much like quoting a column name in
SQL.

I didn't change any of the hba parsing rules, so escaping and whatnot
should all work the way it did before. The only difference should be
that after parsing, keywords will only be evaluated for fields where
they matter.

Cheers,
BJ