Gap in sequence after fail-over

From: Simon Luijk <simonluijk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Postgres Admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Gap in sequence after fail-over
Date: 2011-04-12 08:28:05
Lists: pgsql-admin

I have two test systems with Postgresql in Hot-standby configuration. The
intention
is to fail-over to the slave every so often. When ever we switch servers
(fail-over)
and start inserting data, the primary ids have a gap of ~30. From the
following
thread form 2001 it seems this maybe expected?

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2001-12/msg00082.php

With a Hot-standby set-up like this, that regularly switches, can I not rely
on
the sequence always incrementing by 1?

Thank you
Simon