Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fixed string in German translation that causes segfault.

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers ML <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fixed string in German translation that causes segfault.
Date: 2011-06-20 20:24:28
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 22:20, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:
> On mån, 2011-06-20 at 13:13 -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Excerpts from Michael Meskes's message of lun jun 20 09:54:36 -0400 2011:
>> >
>> > Aren't there better ways to implement this, like git submodules? This
>> > redundancy seem awkward to me.
>>
>> There might be, but currently the translations are still using the CVS
>> machinery on pgfoundry.  This stuff predates our move to Git.  It's
>> possible that Peter already changed the msgstr in pgtranslation ...
>>
>> Peter is working on moving that CVS stuff to Git, but AFAIR it will
>> happen once 9.1 has released.
>
> A better way might be that translators simply work on a clone of the
> source repository, which is then merged (as in, git merge) at release
> time.  There are some issues with that to figure out, but it sounds like
> the obviously right thing, from an interface point of view.

I don't think we want to track every single translation update as
commits in the main repository - we don't do that for non-translation
stuff... If it's a squash-merge, that's a different thing, of
course...

Other than that, yes, keeping translations in git branches seems like
a good interface.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/