Re: GSoC 2011 Eager MV implementation proposal

From: AAMIR KHAN <ak4u2009(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: GSoC 2011 Eager MV implementation proposal
Date: 2011-04-07 20:49:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

As you people think and may be possible that complete implementation of
Eager MVs cannot be completed in summer. So maybe i can pick up the work
left to be done in snapshot MVs. I have cloned the repository of pavel baros
from https://github.com/pbaros/postgres.git and i will be looking to find
whats left out.

Could anybody help me in figuring out what is left to be done in snapshot
MVs implementation?

There are a number of hard problems in getting a working implementation of
> materialized views that all get ignored by all of the student proposals we
> get, and what you're talking about doesn't address any of them.

As soon as i know the shortcomings of snapshot MVs implementation and once
go through the code committed during GSoC, I will revert back with the
issues and how would i be tackling them.

You really should read all of the messages in the following threads: