Re: pgAdmin III commit: Install adminpack on user request in frmStatus

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin III commit: Install adminpack on user request in frmStatus
Date: 2011-04-19 08:40:56
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Guillaume,

I've tweaked the wording on the message in this patch as I wasn't
entirely happy with the phrasing, but whilst doing so I noticed there
doesn't seem to be any error checking to handle the case where the
extension cannot be installed (for example, because the user is using
a hosting site which hasn't installed the contrib modules).

There's also no way to permanently suppress the message box, which
could become very annoying.

Final thought - we also have a guru hint about the admin pack
(instrumentation.html). Shouldn't this patch touch the same places as
that hint (as well as anywhere else it makes sense)?