Re: Last autovacuum on postgresql 8.1

From: Grzegorz Szpetkowski <gszpetkowski(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Machiel Richards <machielr(at)rdc(dot)co(dot)za>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Last autovacuum on postgresql 8.1
Date: 2011-05-09 12:32:52
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

look at
http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/How-can-I-tell-if-I-m-autovacuuming-td2085097.html

<http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/How-can-I-tell-if-I-m-autovacuuming-td2085097.html>I
think that in PostgreSQL 8.1 you can only check autovacuum activity with
logfile (e.g. autovacuum: processing database "postgres") by setting
log_min_messages
to debug level. I think it's good idea to upgrade to newer version.

In PostgreSQL 8.2 release notes (
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/release-8-2.html) there is
"pg_stat_activity now shows autovacuum activity.". In other words you can
use pg_stat_user_tables in PostgreSQL 8.2+.

Regards,
Grzegorz Szpetkowski