Re: SQL Editor fail

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Aleksey Chirkin <a4irkin(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SQL Editor fail
Date: 2011-05-12 15:15:11
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 1:15 PM, Aleksey Chirkin <a4irkin(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi! This is my first message in list, I hope that it will be helpful.
>
> I'm finding a bug in pgAdmin 1.14.0 Beta 1.
> To make sure that the problem is still there I'm pulled from latest git today.
>
> To reproduce it, enter in SQL Editor, write symbol "(" and then press
> enter for go to new line. It crashing pgAdmin.
>
> I'm testing it on MacOS 10.6.7.

Hmm, I can reproduce it, but I have no idea what the problem is. The
stack trace (which contains 56977 frames!!) indicates the crash
happens deep in Apples rendering code, which in turn is called from
wxWidgets painting code which is called by the main event loop. As far
as I can see, there is no pgAdmin code in the stack at all.

It seems to occur any time you hit return when there's an unmatched
bracket of any type on the line. I don't think the block folding is
the issue, as the crash doesn't occur with text like "BEGIN" which
will also start a new code block.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com