Re: Switching Database Engines

From: Carlos Mennens <carlos(dot)mennens(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Switching Database Engines
Date: 2011-04-28 16:19:16
Lists: pgsql-general

It seems that the 'mysql2postgres.pl' tool has instructions embedded
into the file so I ran the command as instructed to take the output
file and insert it into my PostgreSQL server and got the following
error message:

$ psql -p 5432 -h db1 -U wiki -f mediawiki_upgrade.pg
Password for user wiki:
BEGIN
SET
SET
SET
psql:mediawiki_upgrade.pg:25: ERROR: relation "category" does not exist

Obviously this tool isn't written or supported by the Postgres
community but I figured I would ask in case someone understands this
and can advise me of a work around. If not it looks like this just
isn't going to work. :(