April 2011 Meeting

From: Mark Wong <markwkm(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Postgresql PDX_Users <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: April 2011 Meeting
Date: 2011-04-15 00:33:45
Lists: pdxpug

This month's meeting marks the fourth installment in our "Founders Series"..

When: 7-9pm Thu Apr 21, 2011
Where: FreeGeek
Who: David Wheeler
What: Distributing Extensions on PGXN

So you've solved a common problem in PostgreSQL, a serious pain point
that lots of other people could take advantage of. You want to
open-source the code, and would like to package it up and distribute
it where people can find it, read its docs, and download and install
it.

The newest destination for distributing PostgreSQL extensions is PGXN,
the PostgreSQL Extension network. PGXN offers a central index of
PostgreSQL extensions and their documentation, making it easy for
people to find an install extensions.

How do you optimize your extension distribution for maximum PGXN
exposure? By careful packaging, thorough documentation, and simple
installation. Join me for an overview of how best to achieve that —
including how to build extensions compatible with PostgreSQL 9.1's
improved extension support.

David Wheeler is an associate at PGExperts, and is responsible for
PGXN, the PostgreSQL Extension Network) and pgTAP. He's into testing
and extension distribution.

Beer afterwards at the Lucky Lab. See you there!