Hacking gram.y Error syntax error at or near "MERGEJOIN"

From: HuangQi <huangqiyx(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Hacking gram.y Error syntax error at or near "MERGEJOIN"
Date: 2011-06-02 07:28:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,
I'm doing a hacking project which hacks the gram.y file and some other
so that postgres can execute some query plan language to run a particular
plan. I did some modifications and try run it. It compiled and installed
successfully. But when I was trying to run a MergeJoin operation with
keyword MERGEJOIN, it says "ERROR: syntax error at or near 'MERGEJOIN'". It
seems postgres didn't recognize this keyword. Is it caused by any error
inside gram.y? Or how can I trace this error?

--
Best Regards
Huang Qi Victor